Going with the Flow
Happy New Year! I know it's been a long time since we've updated. I hope to get to it a little more often.
We've had a lot of things change since the last update. When I last wrote, we expected to be in Florida this year. However, when Scott got a phone call two days before leaving asking him to come back to his job in Texas, we decided a bird in the hand was worth two in the bush.
Marabelle made the trip splendidly. While she was coughing a bit by the time we got to Texas, she was still in one piece and no tire changes this time! We came down through Tennessee and the mountains were a bit hard on her. We pushed her a bit as we now had a deadline and needed to shorten our trip. We arrived early October and Scott hit the ground running.
As most of you know, we are not retired. We still have to work and support ourselves while on this adventure. So, the decision to return to Texas was a good one based on the need for a decent income. Most folks who full-time rv have an income stream. That can be retirement, social security, disability, or some sort of income that is not dependent upon being in any certain place. I have been fortunate to be able to add an income stream as well. As I mentioned in my last post, I worked for a temp service this past summer. The company I was working for (not the temp service) does project management for publishers, specifically for college textbooks. Before leaving, I had spoken to them about doing some freelance work for them from the road, and they happily extended that opportunity to me.
My mother-in-law says "everything happens for a reason". I guess it does. If we hadn't returned to Maine, and Marabelle hadn't fallen apart, I wouldn't have ended up working where I worked last summer and I wouldn't have an income stream to take with me. It was a lesson to both of us that even when things seem to be going all wrong, there may just be some good coming.
Until next time, not all who wander are lost...
Ramblin' Rose
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment and support in our endeavor.