We hope everyone had a Happy & Safe Thanksgiving. We know that our friends and family up in Maine had a rough day of it with some losing power for the holiday and getting substantial snow. We hope you all made it through the day with a minimal amount of discomfort. For us, we had a very quiet Thanksgiving Dinner together - just the two of us. Tonya made Turkey Breast (A whole bird would not fit in our oven) she made Mashed potato's and Gravy, and made the stuffing inside of a halved Acorn Squash. It was simply the best stuffing I've ever had! The great part for us was we were able to eat outside and it was a nice warm day. I know, I know, you are probably all tired of hearing about how nice the weather is here… I am really not trying to rub it in, but it IS why we left Maine, after all. It is the best part of what we are doing and a very important factor for us.
One of the benefits for me living here where the weather is nice during the day, is that my mood has been much better. Typically, around this time of year I tend to become rather depressed and don't want to get out and do anything. Here, however I feel pretty good and I am convinced that it is related to the warmer temps and the increased amount of sunshine that I am able to get. I do find that I miss our family and friends - especially on the holidays - I guess there are pro's and con's to every decision we make.
Tonya had a job interview last week with the local grocery store. It was for a part time position in their deli. She was hoping to hear by now for a second interview, however that has not happened yet. We did interview for a Work-Camper position and the "Rockin - E - Campground" which is located about 5 miles away from where we are now. We will be moving to that campground in the next few days. We will be provided a full hookup site in exchange for working a few days a week. There is a little bit of concern about this move as I am somewhat concerned that my work hours for the paid job may interfere with what the campground is expecting. But nothing ventured - nothing gained.
Our hosts here, Mark & Susan have gone to South Carolina for the week to visit with family for the Thanksgiving Holiday, so we have been watching things and taking care of the dogs while they have been away. Business has slowed down and I had very few hours this past week for work so that hurts financially. I am hoping business picks back up next week.
Today is our 23rd anniversary for Tonya and I. We are going out tonight (whether we can "afford" it or not), to dinner and to a little place in town that recently opened. They are having live music and so we want to check it out to see if our show would be a good fit for them. Hopefully that will open some doors and we may be able to get a couple of shows booked with them. That would be Great!
That is one of the most difficult parts of what we are doing. The places where there would be lots of music to play are in the bigger cities. And typically, the campgrounds around the larger cities are much more expensive so therefore a Work-Camper position requires a commitment of more hours worked in exchange for the RV site.
More hours for the RV site translates to less available time to work for wages. Plus the bigger RV parks around the cities are more likely to have far more noise and other distractions. As I've said before - this is a learning experience so we will eventually try someplace closer to a bigger city. That is the beauty of what we are doing - we can change it up at the drop of a hat!
Stay tuned for whatever comes next! As time goes on we will try to visit some different places and have some photo's and information for you about our adventures.
Soaring Eagle…
If you'd like to sign up for our blog posts please click the link below and enter your e-mail address. You will be notified of future blog posts.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment and support in our endeavor.