Sunday, December 7, 2014

First Time Workamping

Well, we've moved to the Rock'n E RV Park in Coldspring, Texas. This is our first workamper position. The folks here are all very nice. We've met other full-timers, some workampers, some retirees. The park is small, well-maintained, with a lot of snowbirds - or as Paula calls them, Winter Texans!

The position requires a two day per week commitment. I'll be working in the store as well as cleaning office, laundry room, restrooms, and rental units. Scott will help with groundskeeping and maintenance. Scott is still working for the heating and appliance repair business and I'm still looking for something part-time.

The weather has been great. There have been some cooler days, but then it warms up for a few days. It certainly is warmer than what Maine is right now, and we are thoroughly enjoying it. It doesn't, however, feel like it is almost Christmas. We did some shopping for the grandkids and will be shipping those presents north this week. I decorated the camper by hanging ornaments on fishing line under the cabinets. We don't have room for a tree, but this works just fine. I also hung stockings for Scott and me.




Life here is a slower pace. I've enjoyed some time without working, but am looking forward to being a little busier. We embarked on this adventure as a way of downsizing our life while maximizing our experiences. I'm beginning to feel that we are doing that. Our needs are few, but we are able to meet them without too much stress. Our new surroundings are enabling us to meet new people with their own wonderful stories and diverse backgrounds.

Tails - our 14 year old cat - isn't quite as happy about the new surroundings as he is once again an indoor kitty. But he has adapted well and he gets a lot of attention to make up for his lack of freedom.

Until next time.... Rambling Rose

Not all who wander, are lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment and support in our endeavor.