Friday, December 19, 2014

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Well, it has been a while! But I know Tonya wrote a post a couple of weeks ago, so that gave me a break. I've been fairly busy the past couple of weeks. I've been working as many hours as possible, could still use a few more hours a week, but none the less, I am thankful for all the hours I can get.

As Tonya wrote, we've moved to the "Rockin E Campground" as Camp Hosts. That simply means we help out with things at the office and around the campground. Right now Tonya is doing most of that helping, while I am working as many hours as I can get. The owners of the campground are really great people. They have a great attitude about life and are quite funny most of the time. The campground itself is a nice, small, and quiet place. Despite having other campers close by, we never hear any of them. They are respectful and thoughtful. We are getting many more opportunities to talk and get to know others who live this lifestyle. I've been meaning to get some pictures but have not completed that task as yet. I'll try to have them for the next blog update.

I am hoping that once the holidays are over we will be able to take some day trips around to areas we'd like to see. On that list are to visit San Antonio and the Alamo, we'd also like to visit Austin, Galveston, and get up to Dallas - Fort Worth area to visit an old friend of Tonya's. It is difficult because we are also trying to save money for our trip back to Maine in May.

We had "Christmas on the Square" last Saturday here in Coldspring. They shut down the block around the Courthouse and have music and local businesses who set up their tents to peddle their wares. There are quite a lot of towns around here that do that sort of thing every month. They call them "Trade days." We try to go and see what is there and available when they have them.

It really does not "Feel" much like Christmas to me this year. I don't know if it is because there are still leaves on the trees here or if its because the grass is still green in many places, or if it is the fact that I can wear a tee-shirt to work every day. I do often find myself missing family and friends around this time of year.

So in one more week it will be 3 months that we've been Full-Timing. I can't say that I have regrets about our decision to do this, but I do have moments where I miss having the steady paycheck. We will have to do more intense research about where we go when we leave Maine for next winter. We will need to know that there are more opportunities for music where we go next year. In addition to that, I have not been doing nearly the writing that I had hoped to do when we began this journey. It is an adjustment to go from an office to a small space that is used for everything in our day to day life. I will say that I am not really bothered by the cramped space though. Tonya and I get alone well and this has not been a problem for us.

Today, I am writing this from a restaurant here in Coldspring. It is the first place I've been in a long, long time that has a smoking area. Due to the rain that has been falling since about 2 am, I decided to come here this morning so that Tonya may get a little extra sleep. We were woken up last night with the rain and a leak that developed (again) in the rear window right over the bed. I am glad that Tonya was able to get a little extra sleep.

Well - As I've said - we wish all our friends and family a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year. We hope you all have safe holidays. Until Next Time…

Soaring Eagle…

If you'd like to sign up for our blog posts please click the link below and enter your e-mail address. You will be notified of future blog posts.

http://roadwarriorfulltimervers.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment and support in our endeavor.